we don’t eat white bread. or very much processed food either (super snotty, i know)… BUT, when i want a PB&J sandwich… ALL i want is some good ol’ white bread. creamy peanut butter and some strawberry jam. equal parts PB&J please.
these cupcakes are literally a PB&J sandwich. you’ll feel like you’re 5 all over again-in the best way possible.
white cake. strawberry jam filling. creamy peanut butter frosting. strawberry jam dollop. mmmmmmmx2.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 oz. philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy PB
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tbs heavy cream (as needed)
- a few tbs of strawberry jam (garnish)
- cream butter & cream cheese in a standing bowl mixer until light & fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- add peanut butter to mixture. cream until smooth.
- with the mixer on low, add the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time.
- add heavy cream as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- pipe with a large star tip, finish with a dollop of strawberry jam.
ps. happy graduation party to the boy’s bfo-omar!